Monday 2 February 2015

Afresco

Here is my review of the theme Afresco by @maximobarone. Well where to start is the first thing, this is maximo's first theme and you wouldn't think it when you use it as its nothing short of incredible, when I first got the beta for Afresco I was curious but wasn't expecting anything major from a Devs first theme, and wow I was totally wrong. 

The moment my 6+ resprang after enabling in Winterboard my jaw dropped! First thing I noticed was a massive amount of icons were themed, and the first impression was one of delight and confusion, delight due to the look of the theme and the confusion was thinking to myself "I can't believe this guy has waited until now to make a theme". 

This theme is such a joy to use on a daily basis, I can't really agree with myself on how to describe this theme, it's just incredibly made. What he's done is take a relatively simple idea and put his own splash of imagination and design style into every single icon he's made.

 I suppose there's an element of a retro vibe in his design style, for instance the camera icon is an oldskool polaroid camera, the older generation will remember these bad boys lol, the maps icon is of a Vespa scooter which again is super cool with a hint of retro. And one of my favourite icons is the SpeedTest icon which is of a big fish with teeth chasing a little fish, it's just utterly creative and shows that Maximo's got a great imagination.

With this beautiful theme you will get a huge amount of AppStore apps themed and most of the Cydia icons themed as well as the settings icons being themed and now UI and sounds and a selection of wallpapers. @ATT57 has made some Iconomatics and a dock and also @Mone from MMi forum has made widgets and SBHTML as well as an Iconomatic for the Afresco Notte version, which is a dark version of this wonderfully created beauty, please check out the screenshots below so you can see with your own eyes what this guy has created on his first attempt at a theme. 

I would like to say that in my opinion this theme will not only be one of the best themes to come out of the iOS 8 Jailbreak but probably an all time great. He has made one hell of an entrance into theme making and also firmly marked his place int he community and is definitely a Dev to look out for in future. Afresco is available now and Afresco Notte is in the same package. Big hats off to @maximobarone for this brilliant little theme.  

 
 
 
 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment