Sunday 25 January 2015

Shiro Gold Edition.

Today I'm pleased to be back and reviewing the new theme by @yuki.o7. Shiro Gold Edition is yuki's newest venture, you may be thinking "I've heard of Shiro before" and you'd be right thinking that, but the name is where the similarities end as the Gold Edition is a complete rebuild, and what a rebuild it is. It's got a fantastic glitzy and sparkly look about the design, yet manages to keep a clean and fresh look in the icons without being over zealous in its design and having too much going on in each icon design.

 My first impressions so far have been higher than what I had first anticipated, this theme is the first theme I've had installed that has had each icon themed over the first 2 pages of my springboard, including icons to which are in folders, that's pretty impressive as far as I'm concerned, all AppStore apps and many Cydia  apps all have their own design. Great stuff so far. 

This is yuki's first theme since circly (to which you can find a review on my blog) and it's great to see he hasn't lost any of his design flair. This theme is clean, glitzy and very regal. Yuki's level of theme making continues to grow with each release, I'm made up that he decided to regenerate the Shiro name as it's always had a good rep for being of very high quality and once you install this theme and activate it in Winterboard you'll see exactly what I'm on about. 

Don't be alarmed when you look in Winterboard and only see 1 element available, as that 1 element covers the main Theme, settings icons, ClassicBadges and of course ClassicDock. The ClassicBadges are a beautiful shade of light gold with white numerals and the ClassicDock is superb as it adds a real touch of major class to the dock to compliment the theme beautifully. A lot of people have attempted to pull off a gold theme and in my opinion only 2 Devs have pulled it off and @yuki.o7 is definitely one of them. 

I've been using this theme for a few days now and it just works beautifully for day to day stuff, and really does set well against a white iPhone, it looks slick and understated on my 6+ and it's definitely one I will continue to use for a long time to come. This theme is also iPad compatible and iPad users you will find a element called "Shiro Gold Edition iPad Essentials" in Winterboard and that will give your iPad "a glitzy yet clean" look. Check out the screenshots below for more info. It's in Cydia now so go get it, and remember to purchase it in the correct manner. 

(Widget not included in theme) 


 
 
 
 
 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Does the wallpaper come with this theme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't I'm afraid, I'm sure you'll be able to find one like it somewhere, I would post it but I'm not sure if it came with a different paid package. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha. Thanks for replying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this beautiful theme from Cydia. Are you able to make a BBM icon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will ask the Dev for you. I'm sure he will accommodate this request for you. Thanks for reading the review. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that would be wonderful! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just seen the new BBM icon the dev has done for you and its 👌 thanks for your patience 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds wonderful! I didn't think it would happen so this is great news! Thank you for your help in handling this. It is very nice of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always do whatever I can to help, and people like you who use themes is the reason I do this. Thank you for reading the blog and supporting me, it means a lot. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions or even requests. Take care :-)

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much! I have a blog too So I totally understand how you feel! My blog is mostly a wallpaper blog and occasionally I post screenshots of the themes I use. My blog is http://itsaberrysweetlife1.blogspot.com if you would like to visit it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to pay you a visit on your blog. I will be moving over to WordPress soon and have bought my domain at last lol. Look forward to seeing your blog :-)

      Delete